Saturday, February 19, 2011

I love - celebrity guest stars!

I can't believe I've made it to day 5 of Love Week and am actually still posting!

So, apparently the Westminster Dog Show happened and I was totally unaware. You would think the writer of a dog-blog would pay a little more attention to the goings on of the doggie world, but I guess I had other things to do that day.

So imagine my surprise when I found out from a coworker that history was made when a underdog (HA!) from our own Minneapolis won best in show! Now, I'm no dog show expert, but I have surmised from the way this photo of our lovely Hickory is plastered all over the Westminster website, that best in show is a very big deal. The superbowl of dogs, basically.


Check out all the trophies! Not to mention her excellent posture.

After perusing the website, a thought occurred to me....how have I not entered my dogs in a dog show?

So listen up Westminster Kennel Club! I am officially submitting my lovely pups to the 2012 extravaganza. There are going to be some new bitches in town! (I'm only using that word in reference to how puppy gender is referred to in the dog show biz. Female = Bitch. Male = Dog. Who knew!?)

My first submission will be in the working class category. Ladies and gentlemen, introducing 

Hindleborn's Rubified Hot Pants!


Breed: Newfoundland
Sex: A whole lot of lady
AKC: DF 213049829
Date of Birth: April 15, 2007
Breeder: Katz McGee
Sire: Bullion Bill Bronco
Dam: Gem of the Sahara
Owner: Yours Truly



For my next submission, I would like to introduce, in his showcase debut:

Maximus Twinkle Toes the Great


Breed: Golden Retriever
Sex: ...we'll get back to you on that
AKC: HM 2340939835
Date of Birth: April 1, 2008
Breeder: S. Bean
Sire: Liberace's Pink Slippers
Dam: Poodlepom of Pompeii
Owner: Yours Truly


Bring it on, Hickory!

2 comments:

  1. Hahahahahahahaha! Awwwwww

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I might start a campaign to get them into next year's show.

    ReplyDelete